Proof of item:
When your patient wins the day, you win the day. And in those moments, you’re unstoppable.
But when your patient has vision deficits, even your most tried-and-true therapy protocols can quickly go off the rails, dramatically limiting your effectiveness and halting progress in a variety of frustrating ways:
- Poor performance of tasks/exercises
- Avoidance of ADLs
- Increased functional dependence
- Noncompliance with home programs
- Reading/communication problems
- Limited hand-eye coordination
- Gait and posture dysfunction
- Frequent falls
Here’s the good news. Vision deficits don’t have to limit you or your patients ever again.
Watch this recording and discover a powerful framework for vision rehabilitation that has helped countless therapists and their patients overcome these challenges.
Whether your patients are adults with diabetic retinopathy or stroke survivors with vision perception problems, you’ll transform your practice with innovative interventions that accelerate progress for outcomes that will earn you referrals.
- Identify the latest advances in vision rehab and their implications for PTs, OTs, and SLPs.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive assessment, identifying and differentiating root causes of vision deficits and related functional impairment.
- Demonstrate the most effective interventions available for managing vision deficits, restoring function, and improving safety.
- Outline multidisciplinary strategies that combine multiple interventions for better outcomes.
- Design effective, innovative plans of care for a wide range of vision diagnoses and functional impairments.
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
How Vision Deficits Create Unseen Therapy Roadblocks with…
- Neurological disorders
- Balance, posture and gait
- Reading, communication and cognition
Hands-On Lab: Spot Vision Deficits Early to Avoid Progress Plateaus
- Vision anatomy and its impact on function
- Understanding your patient’s vision complaints and history
- Comprehensive vision assessment, step-by-step
- Adapt and improve therapy using assessment findings
Hands-On Lab: Game-Changing Vision Rehab Interventions
- Practice proven techniques you can use immediately to:
- Increase safety during ambulation and transfers
- Reduce falls
- Reduce dizziness and motion sensitivity
- Improve posture and gait
- Improve compliance with home exercise programs and prescriptions
- Improve performance of ADLs
- Improve reading and communication
- Increase functional independence
- Improve depth perception
- Eliminate double vision
- Improve peripheral awareness
- Expand visual fields
How to Combine Multiple Approaches More Effectively for Better Outcomes
- Functional compensation strategies
- Visual accommodations
- Visual field scanning
- Binocular vision exercises
- Optical lenses
- Prism adaptation
- Cataract surgery
Hands-On Lab: Design Advanced, Innovative Plans for Care for Your Patients
- Practice effective strategies for resolving functional deficits caused by:
- Macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Double vision
- Visual field cuts
Case Studies: Put Knowledge to Practice
- Case study 1: Correctly select the root cause of impairment
- Case study 2: Problem solve a complex vision impairment and develop an effective treatment plan
- Case study 3: Navigate pharmacological side effects and comorbidities
- Case study 4: Adapt a standard plan of care for a legally blind patient
- Case study 5: Overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
Maximize Your Reimbursement
- Coding and billing updates for vision rehabilitation
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips